Board Member Stephanie Turner got the opportunity to interview the playwright behind our most-ambitious production yet!
COMING BACK FOR ME by Amy da Luz premieres September 8th at Mettlesome Theatre in Durham.
About the Play
Dorothy is a middle-aged woman, mother, spouse, and dead-end cubicle worker. One day she’s visited by a mysterious presence that turns her identity inside-out. She discovers her true self through expressive, provocative art pieces – much to the chagrin of her husband and young son. With her finances close to ruin, and familial responsibilities mounting, can Dorothy afford to call herself an artist?
Join us for this powerful piece about artists and the world they navigate.
800 Taylor Street, Suite #9-156
Durham, NC 27701
- Friday, September 8th @ 8:00 PM
- Saturday, September 9th @ 8:00 PM
- Sunday, September 10th @ 2:00 PM
- Friday, September 15th @ 8:00 PM
- Saturday, September 16th @ 8:00 PM
- Sunday, September 17th @ 2:00 PM
Buy Tickets – $24 plus tax (no additional fees)
Support Us by Donating! – Donations do not count towards tickets
Learn more about Amy da Luz Projects
- Amy da Luz – Playwright
- Michael Parker – Director and Set Designer
- Yamila Monge – Stage Manager
- Christian O’Neal – Producer
- Erin Bell – Lighting Designer
- Juan Isler – Sound Designer
- Mikki Marvel – Properties and Projections Designer
- Stephanie Turner – Publicity Coordinator
- Akili Holder-Cozart – Shasta (Dorothy’s co-worker)
- Jason Christ – Matthew (Dorothy’s husband)
- Joanna Herath – Arlene (Dorothy’s supervisor)
- Melanie Simmons – Dorothy
- William Kalland – Older Leo (Dorothy’s son)
- Xenon Winslow – Leo (Dorothy’s son)
- Town of Cary
- Cary Arts Center
- Cary Players
- United Arts Council of Wake County
- Mia Peters
- Marina Enslen
- Chloe Anderson
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum is supported by the United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, as well as the N.C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.