The Cary Playwrights’ Forum’s mission is to provide NC playwrights and aspiring playwrights opportunities to develop as dramatic writers.
Our vision is a collaborative community where dramatic writers are supported on their journey to create works that are of value to the world.
- regular feedback sessions with other playwrights, actors, and directors
- the opportunity to collaborate with allied artists in periodic staged readings or productions of their original work
- educational workshops
- help to independent producers of NC writers’ work
Founded in 2007 by Linda Depo, Lydia Sbityakov, and Laurel Wetzork, the forum was sponsored by Cary Players from 2007 until 2011 when it became a North Carolina independent non-profit corporation. In 2013, Cary Playwrights’ Forum became a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (click here to see our by-laws and our policies on Nondiscrimination, Conflict of Interest, and Accessibility).
Our playwrights meetings are held every third Wednesday night from 7 – 9 pm in the second floor conference room at the Cary Arts Center, and are open to all. We also encourage actors to attend!
Our organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Here is the BOD application, and the commitment form all board members must sign. To learn more about joining our board or to contact individual members, click here! -> Contact Us
To kept updated on auditions, play submissions and upcoming shows, signup for our newsletter!
Students, come intern with us! Learn more about writing, theatre, and arts leadership!
Supported in part by:
- Town of Cary ‘Lazy Daze’ and other grants, and ‘resident company’ status.
- United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, with funds from the United Arts campaign as well as the N. C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.