Project Vox is seeking five to ten original scripts about the abuse of power and control in domestic relationships. These scripts will be performed in the Triangle Area as a fundraiser for Project Vox in October 2014.
- All script submissions must be original. The overall topic is open, but the plot must include a strong domestic violence component. Scripts that have been work shopped or presented as staged readings will be considered. We are also accepting monologues/spoken word/poetry submissions.
- All script submissions may be sent via email as an attachment directly to Project Vox at email@example.com.
- Length should be twenty (20) minutes or less, with 20 minutes equaling 20 pages of dialogue in play script format. (For reference, see http://nycp.blogspot.com/p/playscript-formatting-template.html). Please submit scripts as MS Word files.
- On the title page of submission, include your name, e-mail address, contact phone number, and a brief synopsis of the play.
- Performances are to be staged with minimal sets and lighting. Script requirements should be limited to small set pieces, such as chairs and tables, and general lighting.
- Deadline for submission is January 15, 2014. Submitters will be contacted by June 15, 2014 about the selection outcome. A list of chosen scripts will be published on the websites and Facebook pages of Project Vox.
ABOUT PROJECT VOX
Project Vox is a grassroots organization dedicated to increasing the public’s awareness and understanding of domestic violence through education, community engagement, collective action, and empowering individual voices to help end the silence surrounding domestic violence.
ABOUT CARY PLAYWRIGHTS’ FORUM
The Cary Playwrights’ Forum helps playwrights and aspiring playwrights of Cary and surrounding areas in North Carolina to develop as dramatic writers. CPF offers regular feedback sessions with other playwrights, actors, and directors; the opportunity to collaborate with allied artists in staged readings or productions of their original work; and educational workshops.