Announcing the 10 winning 10-minute plays, selected out of 30 entries from North Carolina writers!
- The Case of the Haunted Inheritance by Andy Ralston-Asumendi, directed by Christian O’Neal, edited by Kenny Hertling, featuring Emily Mohler, Gary Pezzullo, Rhonda Lemon, and Jordan Long
- Off the Vine by Andy Rassler, directed by Chauncey Miller, edited by Terrell Brown, featuring Chauncey Miller, Marina Enslen, and Shannon O’Grady
- Picky Zombies by Clinton Festa, directed and edited by Carl Grasso, featuring Jerry Schultz, Krista Scavron, Salinda Tyson, and Jordan Long
- Voices, Like Whispering by Debra Kaufman, directed by Mia Peters, edited by Christian O’Neal, featuring Benaiah Barnes and Jamila Curry
- A Different Drummer by George Jack, directed and edited by Thom Haynes, featuring Christopher Bynum, Emily Chiola, Freyja Helmer-Sindemark, George Jack, Alex Haynes, and Gina McKenzie
- Hallovenge Part XIX by Larry Bliss, directed by Todd Fisher, edited by Terrell Brown, featuring Elliot Hoppins, Laney Kaley, Pete Turner, and Sally Kinka
- Star-Crossed Words by Laura Arwood, directed and edited by Meredith DiPaolo Stephens, featuring Dan Beckmann and Erinn Dearth, release date OCT 17
- Here Kitty, Kitty by Mike Brannon, directed and edited by Dan Beckmann, featuring Jim McKeny and Meredith DiPaolo Stephens
- Oh, Darling Sister of Mine by Shelley Stolaroff Segal, directed and edited by Kurt Benrud, featuring Jeffrey Nugent and Shelley Sink
- The Next Street Over by Teddy Durgin, directed by Natasha Jackson, edited by Christian O’Neal, featuring Carl Grasso, Celeste Hinnant, Heather Shinpaugh, Naima West, Parker West, Tyanna West, and Xander Barnes,
The inaugural “NC Radio Play Festival – Halloween!“ is a collaborative prerecorded (not live) audio play festival produced by the Cary Playwrights’ Forum and the Greensboro Playwrights’ Forum. The plays are fully-produced using local voice talent and fully-produced sound effects, and released on the CPF Radio Hour podcast site (https://cpfradiohour.podbean.com/). The radio plays were released in phases, premiering on October 10th, October 17th, October 24th, and October 31st. All were out before the very scary date of Nov 3 2020 🙂
The theme for this year’s festival is Halloween – every script has elements of fantasy, horror, or the supernatural.
The NC Radio Play Festival marks the first major collaboration between the Greensboro Playwrights’ Forum and the Cary Playwrights’ Forum. The radio-play format (“Theatre of the Mind”) allows playwrights to tell stories beyond what is normally practical for stage productions, unrestricted in scope and limited only by imagination.
All plays will be available indefinitely. No ticket or fee is required to listen.
The Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1183043338731439/
The plays are numbered at the podcast site. At the end of each play, your fearsome shock jocks Manny Mandible and Max (don’t call her Maxine!) Mandible have planted easter eggs corresponding to these famous shows: