Announcing what is aka the “CPF SPEAK easy”!
Writers: have you ever been stuck in the writing process, knowing you want to get some feedback on your current draft but shy or unsure how to go about getting it? Well we are here to help! We can provide our experience, knowledge, and resources to aid you in producing an event designed to get you the information you need to help refine and improve your work.
- DIY is a new on-going program that complements the existing on-going IPS program (Independent Producers Series)
- Purpose is to help writers produce (organize, run) their own readings and limited performances of their work-in-progress. We want to help them ‘pound out the wrotes’ as they propel their works from monthly meeting drafts to fully staged productions.
- How can we help you?
- Publicity (CPF social media, etc)
- Selection of venue (and discounts on Town of Cary facilities): rooms, public houses, even living rooms!
- Low-investment budget considerations – printing, misc costs
- Determination of best approach – informal reading at a house, in a pub, etc? Staged reading with or without audience?
- Gathering of volunteers: actors, possibly director, etc
How does this work?
- You email CPF (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief one-page statement of need and proposal, with 3 questions that you the playwright wishes the audience/others to answer. Any additional production-related questions too (where/when/how). This will start a dialogue, and we’ll go from there. CPF will decide whether or not to move ahead and work with you, and if so what the terms will be (basically, the time investment for CPF should be minimal, and CPF should have no monetary involvement).
- Our goal is to encourage the hesitant writer to reach out and ask us for help, and get more feedback scheduled than might occur if left to their own devices
- IMPORTANT NOTE: scripts must have first been critiqued at a regular CPF monthly meeting, and then revised. We want to have first met you in person.
Questions? Please email us, this is a new venture that we will update and refine over time – your ideas and thoughts are MOST welcome!