Out of an abundance of caution, the Triangle Area Unified Auditions will no longer be held in-person. Instead, performers are asked to submit self-tapes.
- Auditionees should record themselves performing a 60-second contemporary monologue
- Auditionees may also record themselves singing a 16-bar cut of a song
- To submit your self-tape, upload your audition video to YouTube (we recommend uploading it as an “unlisted video”) and then fill out this Jotform link https://form.jotform.com/213494341436152 to the best of their ability.
- If you are unsure how to upload your video, email email@example.com
- Check out the Event Page for more details
CPF is seeking performers for “It’s Been One Week,” the return of our monologue-writing competition! Deadline for submissions is February 4th.
After 7 playwrights are matched (by the producers) with 7 actors, these dynamic duos will have one week to write, rehearse, and record a memorized, brand new, 2-5 minute monologue–based on a mystery prompt randomly chosen in a Facebook Live event. The monologues will livestream premiere on the night of February 26th, and the creators of the audience favorite will win $150.
Actors must be available for the following:
- A Facebook Live event and virtual meeting the night of February 20th
- One intense week of work from February 20th-26th (including at least 2 virtual rehearsals scheduled with your playwriting partner)
- Performing a 2-5 minute monologue off-book, to be submitted as a recording by the end of that week
Diversity of demographics is a primary goal.
To be considered for the competition, please submit an acting resume (or performance history) and a link to a video recording of you performing a monologue (around 1 minute in length) here: https://forms.gle/YptzKhA4YA5v1Mue9
There won’t be additional auditions. Actors will be notified of our decision by February 13th.
Questions? Ask the producer: firstname.lastname@example.org