CPF is seeking short plays for a night of theatre hosted at Fortnight Brewing Company in Cary NC. We are soliciting new, original 10-minute plays (from writers who reside in NC) with minimal set & production requirements. We will be accepting scripts until August 25th 2018. All those who submit scripts will be notified of acceptance status by August 31st. Scripts will be performed as part of Bar Plays 4.0 on Tue-Thurs 8pm November 6-8 (produced by Sean Malone).
- Send scripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scripts should require no more than 4 performers
- Plays must be set within the patron area of a bar or restaurant (we cannot go back behind the bar itself)
- Approximately 10 minutes in length
- Minimal production (sound, light, etc) requirements
- Musical submissions will be considered if you can provide your own accompaniment. Please make note of this in your submission email.
- Adult content of scripts should be no more than PG-13
- Maximum of two scripts per playwright (submit each script separately)
Please email your submission for each script with:
- An attached, anonymized copy of your script (.pdf or .doc, with all contact information removed).
- Your contact info in the body of the email. Include:
- your full name,
- title of the script,
- how many performers are required,
- brief synopsis of the script (one-two sentences),
- phone number, street address, and email address.
- If your play has been performed before please include a production history (e.g. staged reading, workshop, full production – when and where), or please state that it hasn’t been produced yet.
- The title of the script in the subject line. Example subject line should read “Bar Plays 3.0 submission: TITLE OF PLAY”.
- Preference may be given to work that has not been performed before an audience in the Triangle.
————————— Double Plus ++ —————————
Join our mailing list to be informed of future writing opportunities!
Check out this page for info on submitting for the CPF Radio Hour weekly live show!
Tentative future dates, subject to change, all require the playwright reside in North Carolina:
- 10/1/2018: full-length plays for ‘Daughter of Chrysalis’ Jan 2019!
We had a successful interaction with Tiny Engine Theatre awhile back. Our playwrights will provide such a professional troupe with scenes that have already been through revisions after cold readings. The group will pick scenes that they can cast and would be fun to read; then they’ll share a read-through with us at our regular monthly meeting. The company will share their impressions about the characters and the story; Tiny Engine gave us a delightfully different experience than regular CPF meetings. Interested? Send your revised scripts to email@example.com. In your submission email, include your name, email address, copy of script (pdf), synopsis of character descriptions, and an affirmation if you’ve revised the script since a previous CPF read-through. If you are interested in a particular scene from a larger work to be read, please include any additional information (e.g., earlier pages) that the troupe should know.