Announcing the 10 winning 10-minute plays, selected out of 30 entries from North Carolina writers!
- The Case of the Haunted Inheritance by Andy Ralston-Asumendi, directed by Christian O’Neal
- Off the Vine by Andy Rassler, directed by Chauncey Miller
- Picky Zombies by Clinton Festa, directed by Carl Grasso
- Voices, Like Whispering by Debra Kaufman, directed by Mia Peters
- A Different Drummer by George Jack, directed by Thom Haynes
- Hallovenge Part XIX by Larry Bliss, directed by Todd Fisher
- Star-Crossed Words by Laura Arwood, directed by Meredith DiPaolo Stephens
- Here Kitty, Kitty by Mike Brannon, directed by Dan Beckmann
- Oh, Darling Sister of Mine by Shelley Stolaroff Segal, directed by Kurt Benrud
- The Next Street Over by Teddy Durgin, directed by Natasha Jackson
The inaugural “NC Radio Play Festival – Halloween!“ is a collaborative prerecorded (not live) audio play festival produced by the Cary Playwrights’ Forum and the Greensboro Playwrights’ Forum. The plays will be fully-produced using local voice talent and fully-produced sound effects, and released on the CPF Radio Hour podcast site (https://cpfradiohour.podbean.com/). The radio plays will be released in phases, premiering on October 10th, October 17th, October 24th, and October 31st. All will be out before the very scary date of Nov 3 2020 🙂
The theme for this year’s festival is Halloween – every script has elements of fantasy, horror, or the supernatural.
The NC Radio Play Festival marks the first major collaboration between the Greensboro Playwrights’ Forum and the Cary Playwrights’ Forum. The radio-play format (“Theatre of the Mind”) allows playwrights to tell stories beyond what is normally practical for stage productions, unrestricted in scope and limited only by imagination.
All plays will be available indefinitely. No ticket or fee is required to listen. We will post donation links so that you may continue to support new, local theatre. Suggested donation is $5.
The Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1183043338731439/
Actors interested in taking part, please check here: https://www.caryplaywrightsforum.org/?page_id=18