It’s our 3rd Annual North Carolina Radio Play Festival!
2022 NC RADIO PLAY FESTIVAL
We are soliciting 10-minute scripts for the Spring 2022 NC Radio Play Festival, a collaborative audio play festival produced by the Cary Playwrights’ Forum and Creative Greensboro. From the submitted scripts a select few will be produced as audio plays. The plays will be released in May and available for free streaming and download on Spotify, YouTube, and Podbean. The submission window is open until 11:59:59 PM on March 14th, 2022.
CALL FOR PERFORMERS
We need voice performers! Performers don’t need to be from North Carolina! For more info: click here!
The festival theme is SCI-FI INVASION! To be considered for selection, a script must
- Be written as an audio play (use sound effects and dialogue to communicate story)
- Be within the science fiction genre
- Scripts must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM on March 14th, 2022
- Playwright must be a North Carolina Resident
- Scripts should be written in a standard play format. Remember to use sound effects and dialogue to communicate your story
- Scripts should be about 10 minutes in length
- Scripts must adhere to the festival theme (see above)
- Maximum of two script submissions per playwright
- We can’t use copyrighted music as part of the soundscape. You may only recommend royalty-free music in the script.
- Musical submissions ARE acceptable. The playwright must submit a demo of at least one of the songs. Remember the length of the play should be about 10 minutes.
- Script submissions are now closed for this year.
You can listen to our previous festivals in the links below!
Workshop your audio play scripts at our Monthly Script Meetings
Contact the producer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our mailing list to be among the first to know of upcoming festivals, contests, and more!
————————— Double Plus ++ —————————
Join our mailing list to be informed of future writing opportunities!
Check out this page for info on submitting for the CPF Radio Hour podcast show!