The Cary Playwrights’ Forum is seeking North Carolina playwrights for “It’s Been One Week—This Time, It’s Personal,” the return of our monologue-writing competition! Deadline for submissions is February 6th.
After 7 playwrights are matched (by the producers) with 7 actors, these dynamic duos will
have one week to write, rehearse, and perform a memorized, brand-new, 2-5 minute
monologue — based on a mystery prompt randomly chosen in a Facebook Live event. The
monologues will be performed at Fortnight Brewing Company in Cary, and a panel of 3 judges will award $150 to the writing/acting team of their favorite monologue.
All aspects of the performance are owned by the writer/actor team. You have lots of flexibility (we’ll discuss later) about how you create it.
- Playwrights must attend an in-person kickoff event the night of February 22nd (Raleigh location, address provided to the selected playwrights)
- Playwrights must be available for one intense week of work from February 22nd – 28th (including at least 2 virtual or in-person rehearsals scheduled with your acting partner)
- Attendance at the performance on February 28th at Fortnight Brewing Company in Cary is preferred, but not required
- Diversity of demographics is a primary goal
Submission Form: https://forms.gle/ojLZfNHAZ1Nkr9va6
To be considered for the competition, you must upload the following to the submission form:
- Your North Carolina address (you must be an NC resident)
- A writing resume or summary
- 1-2 short monologue samples
Playwrights will be notified of our decision by February 14th.
Ask the producer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
The Cary Playwrights Forum workshops and develops new stage plays written by North Carolinian playwrights. Its mission is to provide NC playwrights and aspiring playwrights opportunities to develop as dramatic writers. CPF is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Join our mailing list to be among the first to know of upcoming festivals, contests, and more!
————————— Double Plus ++ —————————
Join our mailing list to be informed of future writing opportunities!
Check out this page for info on submitting for the CPF Radio Hour podcast show!