CPF is seeking actors for “It’s Been One Week—This Time, It’s Personal,” the return of our monologue-writing competition! Deadline for submissions is February 6th!
After 7 playwrights are matched (by the producers) with 7 actors, these dynamic duos will have one week to write, rehearse, and perform a memorized, brand-new, 2-5 minute monologue — based on a mystery prompt randomly chosen in a Facebook Live event. The monologues will be performed at Fortnight Brewing Company in Cary, and a panel of 3 judges will award $150 to the writing/acting team of their favorite monologue.
- Performers must attend an in-person kickoff event the night of February 22nd (Raleigh location, address provided to the selected actors)
- Performers must be available for one intense week of work from February 22nd-28th (including at least 2 virtual or in-person rehearsals scheduled with your writing partner)
- Performers must perform a 2-5 minute monologue off-book on February 28th at Fortnight Brewing Company in Cary.
- Participating performers must be 21 years old by February 28th, 2023.
- Diversity of demographics is a primary goal.
Submission Form: https://forms.gle/2yphNKUTE7eqCqkv9
To be considered for the competition, please upload the following to the Submission Form:
- An acting resume (or performance history)
- A link to a video recording of you performing a monologue (around 1 minute in length)
There won’t be additional auditions. Actors will be notified of our decision by February 14th.
Ask the producer: email@example.com