Cary Playwrights Forum Submission deadline: August 25th
We are currently accepting submissions that meet the following criteria:
- Playwright must be a current resident of North Carolina
- Plays must be in standard format and submitted as a .pdf or .doc file to submissions@
caryplaywrightsforum.org by August 25, 2014
- Plays must address the theme “Tar Heel Tales” and be based on or inspired, however loosely, by historical events, local culture, folklore, current events, or ideas about the future of North Carolina. Comedies, tragedies and everything in between, such as musical submissions, will be considered.
- We will be accepting 8-10 new works for a total running time of about 1:45
- Works can be short plays or one-acts between about 5 minutes and 20 minutes long.
- Plays must have never been published or received a staged reading or production before.
- No excerpts.
- No couches or bulky set pieces; minimal set requirements.
- Original live music written and performed by the Kirk Ridge & Friends band will be integrated into the production!
- Playwrights will receive a stipend of $25 and 2 comp tickets to a performance.
- There will be a maximum of 8 women and 8 men in the cast
- The performances will be on Friday, November 21st at 7:30 pm and Saturday, November 22nd at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
Get your quills out and start scratchin’!